Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Preparations and procrastination.

Geesh. It's only been a month and already I've been slacking on the blog. Honestly though, I'm going to kick it into gear here shortly. Lately, with work and class and writing for The Lantern, which in itself is a part time job, I've had no free time. Blah blah blah, I know. But, seriously. I've been busy.

Anyway, this summer my other-half Frankie and I are making our first leap across the pond, to spend the summer studying in Lecce, Italy. Those of you familiar with l'Italia know that Lecce is a very old city in the southern region of Puglia. Those of you who aren't savvy on Italian geography, however, imagine the heel of the Italian boot. This region is Puglia, and all the way at the bottom of Puglia, near the Adriatic Coast, is Lecce. Where Frankie and I will be for July and August. Yeah, I know. I can't wait, either. Graphical representation, go!:

So, considering it is my first trip out of the States, I had to apply for a passport. I finished up the passport requirements last month, and I'm turning in the application for the program itself tomorrow. Both application processes were relatively simple (except for the inane $97 passport and $100 application fees), when compared to some of the Italian red-tape many expats have to navigate around regularly. So, now I just wait. Frankie and I are planning on leaving the states a little early, possibly June 24th, and staying in a hostel in Dublin, before flying into Rome for a few nights. So, if any of you know of some cheap lodging in Rome, or can recommend a hostel, I would greatly appreciate it. More updates as they come.

Ciao, a tutti.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Ciao a te!! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Exciting plans you've got cooking. I used to work with study abroad students here in Rome, email me and I'll send you a list of hostels we used to give them. Keep us posted on your trip planning. I like your writing style...don't slack on the blog, signore! I'll be back!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Taylor Stuckert said...

http://www.hostelworld.com/

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home