Thursday, March 15, 2007

Rooftops.

So, I sort of have an affinity for rooftops. For some reason, I really enjoy finding ways to get on top of buildings, as dumb as it sounds. Naturally, the easiest buildings to get on top of are parking garages, and in downtown Columbus they are certainly abundant. Remember the picture of North Market yesterday? That was taken from a parking garage directly next to the market after I had completed the first half of my afternoon excursion. Here are some seemingly random shots from the same spot:





My good friend and band-mate Josh had told me, recently, about a parking garage downtown that offered sweeping views of all of Columbus, from ten stories up. I forgot the general area of where he said it was, but I figured I could find it if I looked well enough. So, I decided to do just that. Along the way I stopped at the Nationwide Insurance building's parking garage, to take a few shots of the skyline, but the first two were a bit over-exposed:



I like the little rooftop terrace on the first building in the foreground. That'd certainly be a nice metropolitan retreat on a summer night. From on top of this building I played around a bit with the zoom capabilities on my camera, and I was pretty surprised at how well the shots came out. I felt like a mix between a lurker and a papparazzi. Moving along still, I recognized one of the buildings that Josh described as being next to the garage, and I found it. It wasn't as tall as I had expected, but I was able to get some pretty good shots, despite getting the evil eye from a few suits in the elevator on the way up:






You can faintly make out Ohio State's campus in the distance of the last shot, noticeable only by the red brick buildings. I spent probably a half an hour on top of the garage looking around. I love the inevitable tingley sensation you get when you peer over the edge of any tall building, which is probably why I enjoy climbing them so much.

Here is the way down (the first attempt at capturing video with my camera):



That's all for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home