Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Ouch, and aww.

Yesterday, despite a traffic-jamming snowstorm that crippled all of humanity (at least the incompetent drivers of Columbus portion of humanity), I made it to my tattoo appointment with Ant at Stained Skin. He's done all of the work on my half-sleeve so far, and it's about 3/4 of the way complete. I started the sleeve with what I've always, since as far back as I can remember wanting tattoos, wanted to get: The Great Wave of Kanagawa.

It's on my right arm, stretching from my shoulder to my elbow, and thrown in the mix is a (very cool looking) Japanese koi fish; one of the most popular Japanese themed tattoos. After Anthony told me his favorite tattooing style, withoutadoubt, is Japanese style, I felt obligated to stick with the East Asian theme. So, I relented and let him do what he wanted with the coloration.

The only thing not yet complete is the body and face of the koi, and a lotus flower that will fill in an empty gap on the back of my bicep. Yesterday, Anthony started filling in the Koi, and he did quite a smashup job, if I do say so myself.



The color looks so dull because scabbing has already started, so once those trusty platelets and white blood cells work their magic, a nice shiny color will be revealed. Also, the inner arm is one of the most painful places to get tattooed, so needless to say this little guy was painful.
I've got about 2 more hours of work before it's complete, and I'll post the finished product once i'm done.

And now for something completely unrelated. If, for any reason, you were thinking that your cat is cuter than my Salvador, these pictures should quiet those notions.



Drats! I just remembered I forgot World Nutella Day! I need to get on that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home