Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Updates and such.

Ciao, tutti. I've been AWOL for a little more than a week now, and lots of stuff is going on. Which most likely accounts for the lack of posting. Firstly, spring quarter started yesterday, and it couldn't have fallen on a nicer day. It was upper 60's to lower 70's all day, and not a cloud in the sky. The forecast today seems a little cloudier, with rain projected for the rest of the week, but...I suppose that would be the fabled spring showers.

My classes this quarter already seem great. I'm taking a lighter load than usual (15 hours, 3 classes), because I just started a new job as an editor at the school paper. I'm taking Italian 221 and 202 (Italian Cinema, and Conversation & Composition, respectively), as well as Comm. 604 (Media Ethics). I had the two Italian courses yesterday, and I can already tell they're both going to be fun. My cinema course is in a big auditorium, with a theater sized projection screen, and we're viewing some of the greats (Fellini, Antonelli, De Sica). My professor is a riot, too. Imagine Mr. Bean, with more exaggerated facial expressions, and a suprisingly peculiar Italian accent, and you've got him: Signore Simone Castaldi. After reading his bio online I can already tell he's quite established in academia. Should be a fun class.

I've been going to the gym everyday, sometimes twice a day, to get rid of this spare 20+ lbs. i've been lugging around since October, and it's starting to pay off. Five pounds down, 15 to go. I guess, in the end, I'm determined to not be that fat American on the beach this summer. Just the visual is motivation enough.

The first orientation for the Lecce program is Friday, and i'm excited to see what our advisor has planned. F and I booked all our hostels two weeks ago, so now we just need to arrange our living situation in Lecce, which will be done largely by the University. I'm excited to live with Italians. I'm sure my language skills will greatly improve in those two months alone.

Anyhow, i'm off to get some breakfast and espresso.

A presto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home