Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Last leg.

After another eleven hour drive, thankfully sans traffic and speeding tickets, we arrived back in Ohio late Sunday evening. The trip couldn't have been better (except maybe some more waves), and it was exactly what I needed to recooperate after a physically and emotionally taxing final few weeks of Spring quarter. Yesterday I spent the largest portion of the day running errands and preparing my apartment for F's brother, Pat, who will be watching Salvador for the summer. It's sad to say, but I think my apartment is cleaner now than it ever has been in the two years I've lived here. Hopefully it stays this clean.

I ordered $300 worth of euro on Friday (only €210, thanks to our poor, faltering American dollar), and they arrived already yesterday afternoon. So now, officially, the only thing left to do is wait.

This time next week, I'll be boarding a plane. I thought these last few weeks would creep by painfully slow. Boy, was I wrong.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

This is getting exciting! Of course don't forget to get in touch if you pass through Rome...if I remember correctly you'll be living down south?

9:08 AM  
Blogger John Cropper said...

Yes, indeed. In Lecce. But we're staying two nights in Rome, near Termini, in a nice little hostel.

Maybe we could get an espresso in Trastevere! I'm sure we'll be overwhelmed, and there's nothing like a good cup of caffè to ease the mind.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Jeff Gromen said...

John,
Also don't forget to get in contact with me when you have time. I want to do something for the Tour di Gelato in Lecce. There is a place that specializes in chocolate near Piazza St. Oronzo. I will use any excuse to go there.

Jeff

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home