Friday, July 06, 2007

Wireless!

Finally, after days of not being able to access my laptop (God forbid, right?), I found a moderately priced internet cafe that has access points in over a 100 locations in Italy. There are computers with internet access available at the scuola, but my flash drive doesn't seem to work properly on them, and that is my only source of uploading pictures.

But, I digress. We've been in Lecce since Sunday afternoon, and things are going amazingly well already. We have class from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. every day, and in the evenings our school has planned excursions for us, in many different surrounding cities near Lecce. Tomorrow we're heading to Otranto for a day at the beach and a tour of the city, and Sunday we're off to Porto Selvaggio, for another day-trip in spiaggia.

I've been mainly getting acquainted with the city and my new apartment (with two Italian university students, Davide and Nicola, and their 5 month old puppy Markos), so I haven't had much time to take pictures, but in the coming weeks I'll assuredly wear my camera out. The architecture here is, at times, breathtaking, and there seems an endless amount of trattorie and gelaterie, all of which make for decent blogs.

But, I do have some pictures from Rome still on my flash drive, so here are those.



La Galleria d'Arte Nazionale, as seen from the front door of our hostel in Rome.




The first real espressos.





No caption needed.



L'Arco di Trionfo.



The monument Vittorio Emanuele.



I'm not sure what those guards are called, but they seem pretty proud.



La Bandiera.



Piazza Venezia.

Shelley, if you read this, I have a picture which I'll post next time that you'll probably enjoy. Let's just say we saw some "hot priests."

Jeff, if the gelateria you were talking about is Natale, then I've already found it, and it's godsend.

I hope everything is going well back in the states. Frankie and I are just starting to get into the swing of La Dolce Vita.

A la prossima.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Gromen said...

John,
Yes, I need to something for the Tour di Gelato about the Natale. I guess you could do it. I've been showing my guests around and now I'm playing catch up.

I've missed a lot.

Jeff

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home