Thursday, August 30, 2007

An end to Summer.

Oh, where does time go? It seems like only a few weeks ago I was wandering this city, looking endlessly for our apartment, our school, a good gelateria-pizzeria-whatever-else-eria. And now, tomorrow is the last day of lessons. I just finished the third and final part of our final exam, and now I'm arranging our hostel situation for our return trip home. I had meant to post a blog for Verona, and for Otranto, and for all the other really amazing things we've done since I last posted, but each time I get around to posting, there is either a difficulty with internet or an insurmountable amount of picture editing. And the longer I wait, the more the content piles up, and it just snowballs.

Quindi, once I get back to the states (we fly in from Dublin Tuesday afternoon) I'll be posting a lot of retroactive posts from our last few weeks in Lecce. I can't just let all of this content go to waste, and hopefully at least a fraction of you still care to read/see it. So, that's that.

Our train leaves Lecce early Sunday morning, and we're spending Sunday night in Rome. Our flight out of Rome leaves Monday at 18:00, and we'll arrive in Dublin sometime around 22:00. Then, after a day of traveling, we decided to cut costs by just sleeping in the airport (check back to see how that goes), considering our flight leaves Dublin early Tuesday morning.

I have a feeling i'm not going to want to do anything at all once I get back. But, alas, the grind is about to start again. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ready for it.

So, the next time you hear from me, I'll be on my side of the Atlantic.

Till then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

OMG! I can't believe you're already on your way back! It seems like you just arrived in Italy yesterday. Too bad we didn't get to meet up in Rome... next time! I'm sure you threw your coins in the Trevi, right?

1:49 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

I need more posts, John! Now that I'm not within close proximity, I don't know what you're doing with your life. Take care, friend.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home